The Fisher Group

History

The company was founded by Richard Fisher in 1958 as a printing and publishing operation, printing technical manuals for the Collins Radio Company (now Rockwell International). Although initially a sheet-fed printer, we quickly grew, and in 1967 purchased a half-web press.  This was the first commercial web press in the state of Iowa.  Other web presses followed as we started serving the advertising and direct response industries.

From the beginning, all prepress, press, and bindery operations were produced in house, and that tradition continues today. In 1989, we added lettershop services to meet the growing need to consolidate direct mail production into one streamlined, cost effective process. We continue to invest and expand our production capacity and product capability to serve the needs of sophisticated direct marketers.

Martin Fisher grew up working in the company, and acquired the business from his father’s estate in 1985.  Under Martin’s leadership the company continues to grow, Martin is active in many areas of the graphic arts and direct marketing industries.  Even though he is Chairman of the Board, Martin continues to lead our sales team.  He is eager to meet customers and potential clients as he shares his passion for direct response and our company.
SHARE:


The Fisher Group